Collection Days: Wednesday and Saturday
Recycling: Wednesday at the curb
CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE: Our office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
If you need assistance Please call 281-313-2378
Hunters Ridge Village board has selected Best Trash to collect trash in the village, replacing Waste Management effective July 3, 2019. This is because Waste Management decided to exit the residential trash pickup business in Kingwood. They are not renewing any contacts with the villages. Best Trash was selected primarily because of their superior Better Business Bureau rating (“A”) compared to another company the board considered. In addition all anecdotal information was positive. The board also selected curbside pickup instead of the current backdoor pickup. Several reasons for this. First almost half the village already practices curbside pickup. Second backdoor pickup would be only for household trash; yard waste would still have to placed curbside. Third was cost. Backdoor pickup would cost everyone close to $80 a year more. This is more than three times the recent assessment increase! Expect the new trash cost to be about $13 a year lower, enough to cover just over half the assessment increase. The board is working to keep the cost of living in Hunters Ridge as low as possible!
Best Trash Collection Procedures
1. Trash service days are Wednesday and Saturday. Recycle bin collection day is Wednesday. Trash and recycle will be collected starting at 7 am.
2. All items must be placed curbside. Trash containers or bags most not exceed forty (40) pounds. Trees, shrubs, brush trimmings and fencing can be bundled in lengths no greater than four (4) feet with no branch diameter exceeding three (3) inches. Bulky items, such as appliances, furniture, carpet (up to 1 room, rolled up four feet wide and less than fifty pounds), cardboard boxes (flattened), will be picked up either day.
3. Best Trash will do backdoor household trash pickup for any disabled resident. Call them at 281-313-2378 to arrange.
4. Items excluded from normal collection are dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete, tires, batteries, motor oil, cooking oil, waste generated by a private contractor or any materials or items deemed hazardous materials. By Federal Law, refrigerators and freezers or any other items containing Freon must be drained of Freon and have an accompanying bill to validate such service was performed before they can be picked up.
4. Best Trash will provide residents with 18 gallon recycle bins. Current items being collected are paper, aluminum and tin cans, and plastics. Glass will no longer be collected.
5. Holidays are: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the scheduled collection day falls on any of these holidays, the normal service will be resumed the following scheduled pick up day.
6. Best Trash shall invoice each individual residence on a quarterly basis. Each individual homeowner must make full payment to Best Trash within thirty (30) days of receipt of invoice. After thirty (30) days an unpaid homeowner will incur a $25.00 late charge and Best Trash will discontinue the homeowner’s service until the account is paid.
1. The city provides glass recycling service every Saturday at the park and ride lot.
2. Electronic recycling is provided the first Saturday of each month between 9 am and 3 pm at the park and ride lot.